Monday, April 19, 2004

Memory

It was a beautiful night. The sky was clear and the stars are shining. We were on our way home from a banquet, as we were driving by couple of highway exits, my husband was explaining to me, Hwy. 27 South will get to QEW, Hwy.27 North will get to Woodbine shopping Mall, etc. At that point, a flash of memory came to me. I was home with the kids when they were young. Woodbine Mall then was new and exciting. Cin was 7, Dave was 5 and I had them dressed up to go to the Mall, Cin with her big glasses, pony tails and Dave with his shorts ( chubby legs), baseball cap and away we went. The Mall has a huge beautiful decorated carousel to ride, toot-toot trains that went all over the mall, toys shops, McDonald fast food (was one of the big thing then), restaurants, all kinds of geggis stores and one of them sell stickers that have different types of smell or fragrant. All the kids were crowded over them and was a thing those days. Dave would sit in the stroller and Cin would hung on the stroller and walked beside me. They were very good and well behave, always stayed together and were never cried or fought for stuffs. Not like some kids would throw themselves onto the floor and cry. I used to let the kids take turn in choosing their favours restaurant whenever we were out. ALWAYS, end up in McDonald. We were very closed and loved. A lady came by and told me that my kids are like “little angels”. Now, my angels are all grown up. One flew 5 thousand miles away and one hardly stayed at home. We are no long closed any more! I once read one of my angel said, “ My friends are my family!” Is that mean we are no long family any more? Are we still loved? Often wonder how families could fall apart so easily? Are we parents suppose to be perfect? What happen with those happy time together? Are they forgotten? Or am I just another selfish mother whom can not let go her children?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home