Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Experience at the Poll Station

Yesterday started as a disaster. I found out the DRO (Deputy Returning Officer) quite on me as I was setting up the poll station. He made all kind of excuses that he couldn’t able to full fill the position. That, left me all by myself the last minute. Finally, the so call Supervisor called in someone ( a retiree) who didn’t even go for the Training to fill the position. He kept asking me what to do. We didn’t get to go home until 11:30 pm trying to balance the count all by myself. Why do people take on jobs when they know they can’t handle it? And, quite at a last minute! This black guy said he was out of town and he didn’t have time to read up the procedures and couldn’t able to phone the Supervisor. I was so mad, I couldn’t look at him. Screammmming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home