Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coming up Wedding

My son (D) is getting marry this Winter in Los Angeles. We waited for the whole year and the excitement kind of wear off a bit. Today, I started to realize that I have to prepare for the (tea serving) ceremony during the banquet. Start shopping for jewelleries, white gold or yellow gold? Necklace with earrings or bangle with earrings? Do we give pearls? Why not? Pearl is gift of love, all brides wear pearl necklace! Should it be colour pearls or white pearls? Colour pearls are in style now but I never saw bride wears colour pearl necklace!! Decision, decision! It is going to be a small wedding because most of my family either too old, too sick or too far away to attend. I'm not surprise it is going to be one table of our family and the rest are the bride-to-be's family. Anyway, we'll try to make the best of it. I'm going to wear chung sum at the banquet. Should I change outfit during the banquet or should I wear the same all through the night? I have to change because I cannot dance in a chung sum! What happen if there is no dancing then why bother to change?! My son is so tight lips about the wedding and it is driving me crazy!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Congratulations! Being the mother of the wedding couple must be a fantastic feeling!

If your son is being tight-lipped about the wedding, there could be some reasons behind it. Perhaps he is tired of dealing with the wedding altogether? Or maybe there is some tension about the planning, and he doesn't want to involve more people in it? Those are both things that I went through with mine.

About the clothes change, I'm not sure about Cantonese traditions, but you may want to discuss this with the bride and groom and with the other parents to see what everyone wants to do.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

By now, this would have already passed. Congratulations to you and your family.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home