Wednesday, April 28, 2004

HOBBY
Do you have a hobby? I think it’s important that everyone should have a hobby, one to release stress and to have fun with. Custom stained glass is my hobby for 15 years and turned it into a business. I put out two show cases at the library for exhibition one year and sold every pieces. Now a day I make them for the house and gifts. I like it so much that I got my husband interested in it. He made a shelf in the bathroom and added on the stained glass doors. Just recently, I’m working on a gift to my friend who is in the hospital. It’s a lot of work but the result is “ The one and only”. I often wonder when we do sell our house, will people appreciate all the stained glass work that’s there. I can’t take them with me because they’re built in with the dry wall. A stained glass china cabinet, the kitchen upper walls, the hall way, sidelight, the laundry room, washroom are also built in units. My husband’s hobby is wood working and he also built everything in the house including the sunroom, the deck , the pond. All these times, efforts and memories would be a waste once we’re gone. Will the kids interested in keeping the house is another thing! Sigh......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home