Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Pink Slip

Finally I got a registered letter from Birks for layoff. They don’t come in pink any more. Sadly say after working there over 7 years part-time, I’ll miss that place and my favourite customers. I do love talking to people and crack a joke now and then. I don’t miss facing the politic and experiencing backstabbing. O, I do miss very much of the STAFF DISCOUNT!! Birks is merging with another company in US, during the restructuring, layoffs always follow and that’s unavoidable. I have been waiting to see that to happen a year ago. This weekend I will make my final staff discount and say farewell to my co-workers. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hmmm ... what do I want from Birks ...?

1:59 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You have till Saturday, so let me know FAST!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

i want an Omega watch please. :p

5:20 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Whoever in power create own Support Team! It’s not what you know or how long you have been in the company. It’s who you know. During the restructuring of Birks, those at our branch were let go were hired by the previous Manager and they have been there over 5 – 15 years with good reputations and valuable knowledge. The one the manager picked to stay are the one he hired in the past 6 months with little experience behind them. I’m sure Head Office told him to pick his own team to stay and we are the lucky team that is out. For me, it was only a part-time but for those who depend on that income were greatly hurts. As a manager, should he not be thinking of the good of the company first before he forms his Support Team. The rest of the staff also got a letter to inform them that there will be a 20% pay cut and longer hours cause of short of staff.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home